Thursday, June 7, 2012

when i run


i love running. i am not exactly sure why but when i run, everybody and everything around me gets blurry. it's just me alone in my space, in my own pace.

when i run, whether in a race or during practice, i do not care who runs faster or slower than i am. it doesn't matter whether i look good or not. i couldn't care less how long i have been running but for as long as my legs and lungs would allow me, i will run.

i run not to join the runners' bandwagon. running is in my veins, if you ask me. my dad was a marathoner and my younger brother was a sprinter. i can't run as long as my dad nor as fast as my brother but i just run. but maybe someday, who knows if get better than the best they had.

when i run, my head is cleared of its problems. the stress i have for the day or week gets left behind on the road i run on and i know why. at the start of my run, i think of all sorts of things. professional problems, emotional stress, financial woes but all of them are forgotten the moment i started tiring out. my brain need to concentrate on distributing oxygen on my body and telling me to stop or slow down. in turn, my lungs will start grasping for more air as i go along. simultaneously, my legs would scream at me for abusing them while my mouth will demand for water. with all these going on, i cannot think of other things aside from running and finishing.

yes, i forget my real-life problems if only for a while but it's a good respite for me from the dog eat dog world we live in. and i don't even need alcohol nor drugs to make me forget. running is demanding enough for me to get that "high". so until i found other activities that can give me the same high and respite from the real world, i will run.

that's me walking, not running. LOL!

2 comments:

  1. I should run. The stress is killing me. Nice pic btw. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you serious? if you are, start slow. ^_^

      btw, that's the best pic you'll ever see of me. can't you tell? LOL!

      Delete