Wednesday, May 9, 2012

confessions


I am pretty newbie when it comes to running. The first event I have joined was “Nike We Run Manila” and I ran 10k without much practice. It was just a game for me but the experience was enough to make me crave for more. So what motivates me?

Running gives me something to brag about

Not everyone is into running. Some say it’s boring. Some say they’re not physically fit to run. Some say running tires them out so much. Well, if you don’t start running or exercising for that matter, you won’t get in shape and I haven’t heard of any sports or exercise that is not tiring.

So when somebody knew that I run, even though I haven’t ran beyond 10k yet, you can see it in the eyes of some people how awesome I seem to them. It’s as though I can hear them say “Wow, you’re a runner! That makes you cute!” So being a runner gives me some of celebrity status especially to those who don’t know me that well yet.

Practice and fun runs

As part of my preparation for race events, I run a lot in different places. Preparation is very important for a runner. These practice runs condition the body for long and hard run come race time. However, practice runs can also be fun when you happen to run along beautiful runners.

During race event, there are even more pretty girls. Hmmm… I take it back. There are lots of sexy girls running. Are they pretty? I’m not so sure about that. But when I run, I would usually tail a sexy lady in front of me. And then I would see another one so I would leave the first one to tail the newly found sexy lady. Then another one. And another. Before I know it, I am at the finish line.

By the way, I avoid looking at their faces on purpose because that would mean I have to look back. Two things can happen when I do it. First, miss sexy lady might not be as pretty as I envisioned her to be. That would be uninspiring. Second, the finish line would be in front of me so I have to be more focused on finishing than on the girl in front of me.

I don’t flirt with them by the way. They inspire me to go faster is all. *naughty grin*

Health benefits

When you run, of course, you get healthier because of all the exercise you do both during the race and practice. Not only that, you also get motivated to eat healthy foods and avoid junk foods. It’ll be natural to lose weight when you are so into running because of all the burned calories but it’s another story to actually exert an effort to be lighter. Remember, not only you’ll get sexier and more attractive if you get that ideal weight but you’ll also get faster if you are lighter.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment