Monday, May 28, 2012

first time

i joined the merrell trail run and it will happen this saturday morning in timberland heights in san mateo, rizal. this is the first time i joined a race that is not 10k and this is also my first trail run. it gives me a rare feeling of dreading the day you look forward to.

i am not sure what to expect in a 5k trail run. my running buddy told me that running 5k in a trail is like running 7k on flat road. there could even be a river crossing in the event but i am also told that river crossing is included only beyond 10k in this event. i dunno whether to be happy with that news or not.

i am also thinking what shoes to wear in this event because i do not have a trail shoes. my running shoes lineup is as follows: reebok trinity 5 (my favorite), nike lunarglide 3 and VFF KSO. i am thinking of wearing my VFF but the surface of the road might hurt me more than i signed up for. wearing my reebok or nike is also not my favorite thing to ponder on because they might be trashed by the trail.

anyway, everything is set and ready. i think my preparation for this event is enough to get me through this in one piece. by the way, i like their singlet.


i am still deluded that i am still a medium sized bloke. i got medium singlet and it looked like the stitches of the singlet might burst open when i wear them. poor thing.

2 comments:

  1. "dreading the day you look forward to" - crazy guy.

    No river crossing? Aw. :(

    The closing statement made my day! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we usually fear what we yet to know, that's why i dread it while being excited for that day. hahaha!

      i could barely breathe while wearing the poor singlet. >_<

      Delete